Cheating Boyfriends. Do you have a CB, a cheating boyfriend? And while we’re on this uncomfortable topic, just how prevalent do you think cheating is? Well, according to the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago, 22% of girlfriends have cheating boyfriends. Okay, I know at least one sex who’s dying to know this. The good news is that only 12% of boyfriends have a girlfriend who’s a cheater. We’ll talk about that at another time because we want to keep focused on cheating boyfriends.
I wish I could say that a Christian single woman in a dating relationship with a Christian guy has nothing to worry about when it comes to cheating. Hello! The sad fact is that statistics show there’s not much of a difference between Christains and non-Christians in the cheating business.
Cheating Boyfriend Signs: Spotting a Rat
Guys cheat on girls for a whole different bunch of reasons, and each case is different from the other. So how would you know if you have a boyfriend who’s a cheating, lying creep?
The best place to start is to acquaint yourself with your own feelings. Studies reveal that 85% of the time when a woman thinks her boyfriend is cheating, he is! But don’t you just feel sorry for the remaining 15% of guys who were not doing it? I do.
If you’re a single girl not quite sure about your feelings, the next step is to know the signs of a cheating boyfriend. The following are the top cheating signs, put in the form of questions. If f you can answer “yes” to more than a couple, your dating relationship may be in trouble. I must preface this by saying that if you’re a paranoid chick, don’t even bother reading these because it will just drive you more crazy.
Boyfriend Cheating Sign #1: Emotional Distance
Has your boyfriend suddenly stopped calling you as frequently? Has he been less affectionate in word and deed? Has he been more difficult to contact by phone or email?
Boyfriend Cheating Sign #2: Physical Distance
Did you used to see one another often, but recently much less so? Is he inexplicably backing out or cancelling on dating plans? Is he spending more time with his other “friends” and less with you? Has he been excluding you from his friends? Is he continually making excuses why he can’t meet on a particular day?
Cheating Boyfriend Sign #3: Spiritual Distance
If you were attending the same church, has he stopped doing so? Have you stopped praying together? Has he stopped hanging out or fellowshipping with the same Christian singles group that you do? Has he exhibited more insensitivity and impatience toward you?
Other Cheating Boyfriend Signs
- Has he suddenly started working out like he’s training for the Triatholon?
- Has he uncharacteristically bought a whole new wardrobe, and changed his looks?
- Does he get suspicious cell phone calls while he’s with you?
- Has he stopped sending you those special little notes and gifts?
- Has his apartment had an “extreme makeover” out of the blue?
- Is he spending an inordinate amount of time online?
Dealing with a Cheating Boyfriend
Okay, you have a cheating boyfreind on your hands, and don’t know what to do or say? The following tips may help you get through this sad chapter in your life:
- Pray and seek guidance from trusted Christian friends before doing anything.
- Acknowledge and accept your feelings of pain, anger and disappointment.
- Honestly evaluate whether or not you should dump this dating relationship.
- If you do plan on ending the relationship, read a Christian dating article on how to break up,
- Confronting your cheating boyfreind is essential if you are ever to recover from this relationship and/or heal from the betrayal. I suggest reading this article on learning how to argue and fight before speaking to him
- Tell him exactly how his cheating made you feel, but don’t let him weasel out of the situation by attempting to pass blame onto you, or by manipulating your feelings. Remember, you may be dealing with a pathological liar. Above all else know that you are not to blame, got it?
- If the relationship is not saveable, find a positive outlet for channeling your emotions. Remember, that avoiding rebound relationships will protect you from even more pain and suffering.
- Allow yourself time to heal from your broken heart, and know that the Lord Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrew 13:15).
Are you a single woman with something to share about cheating boyfriends?