Single people who suffer from anxiety attacks know how much it can affect their dating relationships and self-esteem. I should know because I used to suffer anxiety attacks for years myself.
I remember one night being at the movies with my new date, when a terrible anxiety attack came over me. I started sweating, and my heart felt like it was jumping out of my chest.
Because I was too embarrassed to let my date know what was going on, I suffered silently all by myself, feeling like such a loser. Does any of this sound familiar?
Dealing with Anxiety Attacks
Single Christians who have anxiety disorders/attacks often feel fearful about sharing their problem with others, which only makes this kind of phobia worse. Some questions that actually went through my mind were:
- Will I ever be able get another a date since I suffer from panic/anxiety attacks?
- If I do get a date, do I tell my dating partner that I struggle with anxiety attacks?
- When do I tell them about my anxiety attacks, and how?
- If I do share about my anxiety attacks, will I lose my girlfriend?
- Am I crazy and/or lacking in faith because I get anxiety attacks?
- Why does God allow my anxiety attacks to occur?
Dear friend, if you are one of those folks who suffer from anxiety attacks, please know that there is hope. The Lord promises in our Scripture of the day-
“I Will Never Leave You Nor Forsake You.” Hebrews 13:5.
When you suffer an anxiety attack, you can go to the Lord, and get comfort. Your Saviour feels your pain, and will work with you to heal your anxiety attacks. Sure, He could heal you immediately, but He may want to increase your faith and strength as He walks you hand in hand through this. Okay?
Quote of the Day:
“When we reach the end of our strength, wisdom, and personal resources, we enter into the beginning of His glorious provisions.”
Have an experience to share about anxiety attacks?