Don’t worry, be happy, said that famous 90s song. Well that’s easier said than done, isn’t it? When we hear someone say “don’t worry”, what they’re really sayimg is: Don’t worry about what the future may bring.
What exactly is worry? Well, worry manifests itself in different ways, but almost always eminates from a lack of faith, a scary sense of vulnerability and powerlessness. It’s no surprise then, that many singles who are “worry warts” also suffer from anxiety disorders.
Presently, Christian Dating Service Plus! is conducting a singles survey on dating, and one of the questions has to do with what we worry about most. Many single Christians that I have come in contact with worry about such things as:
- How long will I remain single?
- How will I be able to stay out of debt living on my own?
- How am I doing as a Christian single parent?
Don’t Worry Advice From God
In Matthew 6:25-34, , Jesus gives us some great “don’t worry”advice.
- Don’t worry about “things” becasue life is more important than them, and God will provide themn for you anyway if you give Him first palce (vs.25-26,33)
- Don’t worry because it really does no good as far as adding length to your earthly life (v.27)
- Don’t worry about the “what if’s, and’s or but’s of the future, becasue the future will take care of itself.
Bible Verse of Day
-Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own- Jesus Christ in Matthew 6:34