Many single Christians walk around with emotional baggage from failed relationships and other expereinces that they have gone through in their lives. When people hear the term “emotional baggage” they also think of “damaged goods.” since very few singles that I know of want to be in a relationship with someone with emotional baggage, in important that singles in this situation learn to make peace with their past if they desire a serious, positive Christian dating relationship.
So what in the world are you packin’ today? Are you still carrying around junk or baggage in your life that you know is just worthless? Some singles I know of us are emotional pack rats, holding on to stuff they know they should have let go of long ago, but they we insist on dragging it along where ever they go.
I say let’s not be too hard on these folks with a lot of emotional baggage. Almost all of us wearily drag along excess baggage from our past into our present everyday lives that hinder and prevent us from winning in our present life situations.
So are any of you feeling like damaged goods today?
The great news is that our God is in the business of of taking people who are damaged goods with old baggage, and turning them into something wonderful.
Bible Verse for Emotional Baggage
~That is what some of you were! But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of our Lord Jesus the Messiah and by the Spirit of our God~ 1 Corinthians 6:11
Emotional Baggage Related Articles
- Abusive Relationships-Are You Dating an Abuser?
- Another Rebound Dating Debacle
- Broken Hearted: How to Mend a Broken Heart
- Christian Counseling for Singles
- Christian Singles Secrets
- Christian Women Complaints
- Contentment Living a Christian Single Life
- Control Freaks in Dating
- Dating Advice: How to Break Up
- Dating Advice: How to Have Good Communication with Dating Singles
- Dating Advice: When to Dump a Dating Relationship
- Dating After a BreakUp
- Dating After Divorce
- Fear of Commitment and Men
- Fears That Keep Women And Men Single
- Homosexuality, the Bible and Singles
- Learning How to Forgive a Jerk
- Living Alone and Lonely
- Love-Shy Singles: How to Overcome Shyness
- Low Self-Esteem in Christian Singles
- Managing Transition-Making the Most of Change
- Rebound Relationships Dating Advice
- Rejection Hotline: Dating Advice for the Dumped
- Relationship Advice from Proverbs
- Relationship Break Ups
- Sex Addicts Anonymous Anyone?
- Stress Reducers for Single Parents
- True Love Signs-How to Tell if it’s True Love or Lust