Christian personals are personal ads that single Christians create in order to find a date and soulmate. This is the ultimate goal of a Christian personals ad. That’s why if you are a Christian single submitting Christian personals, you want to get as many potential mates reading your personals ad as possible. The simple reason is that the more the number of singles reading your Christian personals, the more the number of potential dates from which to choose.
This holds true whether you place your Christian personals ad through a newspaper, or through online Christian dating services. By the way, an online Christian personals ad is sometimes referred to as a dating profile. There are some subtle differences, but dating sites have so blended the two that they are now used interchangeably.
Although we previously wrote an article on how to write a great online dating profile, this Christian personals article centers on one aspect of your profile: the part where you share some personal stuff about yourself. The more details you give about yourself in your Christian personals ad, the more replies you will get. And that’s what you want, right?
Getting Personal in Your Christian Personals Ad
Writing a Christian personals ad about oneself can be difficult for some people, especially if they’re love shy. In order to get started, begin thinking about what you may look for when reading a Christian personals ad. Once you do that, use the following questions as a flexible guide to help you write your own great Christian personals ad:
- How would you describe yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually?
- What is your line of work? What do you actually do when at work? What do you love or hate about it?
- What are your passions, hobbies and interests? What are your dreams for the future? Do you have any particular thing that you’re really good at? Are you someone who’s a homebody, or do you like the great outdoors and open spaces?
- How long have you been a Christian? What kind of church do you attend? How do you serve Jesus in the church? What are your spiritual gifts?
- What’s your favorite kind of music, food, animals? Do you have a pet?
- What’s your idea of a great date? How far would you travel to meet a date?
- How do you feel about children? Would it be difficult for you to be with someone who had kids?
Finally, remember that writing a Christian personals ad should be a fun experience. Don’t stress out if you find that you can’t write that “perfect Christian personals ad” because there is no such thing. Just commit your Christian personals ad to the Lord and allow Him to work.
Are you a single Christian with something to share about Christian personals?